About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Georgia Immigration Law: Thousands Protest For Reform At State Capitol


This may anger some people but I am sick of hearing about the rights of "undocumen­ted persons" and the comparison to the civil rights movement. The rights fought by people of color and women were for those citizens of this nation who had done nothing wrong but breathe in a country filled with hate. The rights of those who have crossed the border ILLEGALLY should not be discussed in the same instance. Women in this country were blocked from voting outright as were blacks from having any civil liberties. Those movements were an affirmatio­n that the citizens of this nation deserve the rights of every citizen of this nation. Period. The millions of people crossing the border knowingly committing a crime should be given a pass because "They want a better life"? If I robbed a store and justified it by saying my children are starving they would lock me up.The actions of the people demanding the same rights and privileges of those that are paying for them are understand­able but not a right. We can't afford the people who live here legally. States are broke and the federal government is a 3 ring circus. Paying for the services of those undocument­ed is something the average tax payer should not be expected to handle yet WE DO. Like the immigratio­n system or not it exists, and many people of various nations would love the privilege of living here. If they can apply legally why can't everyone else?
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Blog Archive