About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What Do Teachers Want?


Before I begin, please let it be known that I AM an educator..­.In California­...what about the poor teachers, that are completely protected by their unions from firing and are doing an abysmal job year after year? Here in California­, particular­ly Los Angeles county we are among the highest paid teachers in the nations yet our proficienc­y rates are among the lowest in the country. In this state, teachers are losing the respect of parents, tax payers and students as well. With ever increasing tax rates and funding to schools, increasing salary benefits and pensions, and sinking graduation rates and test scores, I'm not sure I care about what teachers want. I am more concerned about what the students need, and what US teachers can do about it. Budget cuts are always aimed at the 20% of the budget actually directed to the students. Nearly 80% of school funding is dedicated to administra­tion costs, teachers salaries, benefits and pensions. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this picture?
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Blog Archive