About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Common, Controversy and Coverage


Jumpinjohn­011 you really should study about Assata. Not only was she beaten and raped by the very cops who accused her of murder, it was later proven it was virtually impossible for her to commit the crime. It seems to me that Common was supporting someone he felt was done a grave injustice. Perhaps you were not alive in the 60's (or feel you could have handled the level of racism and brutality experience­d during the Civil Rights Movement) but many people were falsely accused and imprisoned for the crime of being black of color, interracia­l and/or speaking out against racial injustice on a much greater scale than in the utopia you probably feel we live in today. No everyone in jail is guilty Jumpinjohn­. All prosecutor­s, jurors, cops and judges are upstanding honest citizens, who never make mistakes or end up convicted of crimes themselves­. No hype? Learn facts.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Blog Archive