About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

California Teachers..Suck It...Enough is Enough


  
I am disgusted and appalled at the blatant attempt for the teachers to suck sympathy out of the voters by increasing taxes. Most parents are aware of the poor job teachers in this state are doing (we are ranked near the bottom in terms of test scores and graduation rates) yet our teachers are among the highest paid in the nation. Am I the only one who is completely disgusted by the education system here in California and the inability for the Teachers unions to take responsibility for the poor job they are doing despite the amount of money spent per child in the classroom? If no name towns in the south can score in the top ten in academic achievement why can’t California get it together? Am I expected to believe that students in the state are un-teachable or “special”? Are you kidding me? How long are parents expected to witness cuts to after school programs, sports, even the bus to school while teachers enjoy the highest paid salaries in the nation with some of the poorest results? In case you are not aware nearly 80% of school budgets are allocated to administration and teacher salaries and pensions. Very little actually goes to the students. Now they want to protest and demand tax increases so we can save more of their jobs? I say fire them. We can’t handle any more cuts, and Californians cannot handle any more tax increases. We are already the most highly taxed state in the country and we receive NOTHING for it.



Nina Davis

No comments:

Blog Archive