About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Students March on Huntington High- Give Me a break



Huntington Park High- Really?

“They taught me a lot” reports a student who struggled to put this sentence together before channel 9 news. 5% of students at this particular school are proficient in reading and math yet the students have the audacity to march. Are you kidding me? According to the test scores you all are basically failing and obviously your teachers are not contributing to your education. The decision to lay off half the teachers is long overdue as our tax dollars are obviously supporting a failing school. Why is this fact so hard to swallow for these students and their parents. If my child went to a school in which most of the students are reportedly testing stupid, I would definitely want to talk to the teachers. To be amongst the highest paid educators in the nation and produce such abysmal results is an insult to our children and the reason California consistently ranks poorly among the other states in scholastic ability. Give me a break, march all you want, hopefully the district will hire some teachers that can actually teach you something. 

No comments:

Blog Archive