About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Milton Mathis, Convicted Killer, Executed In Texas Despite Evidence Of Retardation


Obviously the crimes this man committed are inexcusabl­e but who does it serve to execute a man who is certifiabl­y retarded. I agree that he should have been punished to the fullest extent of the law but killing him will not undo the pain and suffering he caused AND it appears the current law rejects the death penalty for the mentally disabled. Gov. Perry not doing anything? Come on people that is no surprise, what is surprising is this ridiculous defense of "street smarts". What THE HECK does that mean? That he could pull a trigger? 5 year old's can do that. If the death penalty actually resulted in lower crime rates I would be in full support. But unfortunat­ely in states like California and Texas, the cost to the tax payer and relatively non existent impact on crime rates makes the death penalty pointless.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Blog Archive