About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Iran Women's Soccer Team Banned Before Olympics Qualifier Due To Headscarves


I had to read the article several times before I calmed down enough to realize that 1) I played soccer 2) There are serious dress code rules. Ive had to cut my nails, remove earring studs, even tie down my hair so this is really not surprising to anyone who has participat­ed in the sport. Soccer can be an extremely violent game and FIFA rules are so stringent that players cannot even have fingernail­s a certain length.(An­d we can't use our hands!) I agree that the move does seem at first politicall­y motivated but people how many other teams in the Cup had to follow every dress code rule regardless of their religion, belief or nationalit­y? Soccer is a sport, and in spite of the fact that these ladies are required by their government to wear them, I don't see why FIFA has to be bound to the same. If you want to play on an internatio­nal level get with internatio­nal sports codes. Anything worn around your neck is a threat to choking, and blocks the ref's view of your neck, thus no necklaces, or even sweatbands are allowed. Come on people Im sorry Iran, your ultra conservati­ve dress code (that applies only to women....) is not soccer worthy attire.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Blog Archive