About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

In Defense of Tracy Morgan


Very well written! Tracy was wrong YES, but I do agree that his comic barbs do highlight the mentality of many people regarding gay culture. Remember as a black man in a culture that condemns homosexual­ity,Tracy Morgan's experience­s may be less than optimal in dealing with the gay community and saying hello to gay friends on set is hardly considered a relationsh­ip. I have many friends and acquaintan­ces of a variety of cultures that have made the "inappropr­iate jokes or comments" and rather than crucify them for their ignorance, I simply informed them of the hurt behind the words...If a camera happened to be on a particular person when something idiotic was said it would make them out to be a complete racist when in fact they just said something completely stupid. Perhaps when we stop screaming at one another and just writing people off, we will realize that by calmly and maturely explaining that certain types of statements about groupings of people can hurt. The anger unleashed to Tracy is understand­able but hating him isn't going to change the culture that made the jokes funny to his audience that night. There seems to be several comedians of a variety of background­s that have offended a variety of people in these recent couple of years, cutting them off at the knees doesn't exactly teach tolerance and the love of humanity. Another one just hops on stage and continues.­..
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Blog Archive