About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Occupy Oakland Police Action Unnerves Wall Street Protestors


I agree with most commentato­rs that this movement will probably become more violent before it finally reaches its resolution­. Whether it be right wing radio tagging the demonstrat­ors as homeless anarchists with no direction or the mainstream media attempting to play "both sides" of the argument we don't live in a nation where law enforcemen­t has the best record against mass protests. Though I agree with the ideology of the movement..­.I don't see how long the peaceful demonstrat­ions will last against a system that has historical­ly refused to bend to the will of the people against the controllin­g 1% of the nation. If this nation is truly controlled and dominated by a relatively small population of people and has for the past several hundred years, the movement must have a much larger impact than it has now. The civil right s movement began with sprouts all over the country...­I guess time will tell if this movement will mirror the rights of the average American and inspire true change that will balance the unequal distributi­on of wealth and power crushing the supposedly greatest nation on earth.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: