About Me

My photo
My name is Adesina "Nina" Davis and welcome to my blog. I am CEO of Sina Davis LLC and run several companies including Simply Tasteful Catering & Entertainment. I do my best to enjoy life to the fullest and urge everyone I know to do the same. Change only comes when you do something about it. Let's just say I am doing a lot!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Children Hungry in 2011?

My son asked me this morning after a lengthy debate on finishing his breakfast why kids are starving in the world. Usually one with a quick response I found myself staring at the innocence of my four year old to such a sensible question. With all the advancements man has made, all the discoveries, scientific breakthroughs and space exploration you would think that children in 2011 would not die of starvation. Yet they do. By the hundreds of thousands children in our world suffer from hunger and starvation. I can honestly say I am not wealthy and I do not have the ability to adopt nations of babies. I find myself questioning a world that has such wealth and resources hoarded by very few, yet distributed with a high cost. I find myself disappointed and discouraged in a world fixated on opulence and luxury while a child dies. I do not need a commercial, or telethon to remind me that this world's children needs help. I have children of my own, and could not imagine not being able to feed them. If I resolve to do anything this year, it will be to help one starving child make it and encourage others to do the same. 


Nina Davis

No comments: